Monday, March 28, 2011

87/365 Savannah


Trying to get back on track with taking my photos again every day. This time last week, our 11 year old friend, Savannah, who I've mentioned on here before, lost her battle to cancer and gained her angel wings. She had been battling an aggressive soft tissue cancer for over five years and just a month ago was placed on hospice care as there was no other treatment available for her. It's been an emotional time for us, since we have known her since she was four years old, and my heart is just completely broken for her family.

One thing you could say about Savannah was that she lived! Her family made sure that she experienced life to the fullest and made every moment count. She was always happy, smiling, and laughing. She loved to dance and loved anything to do with fashion and bright colors. Her casket had a large tied died peace sign on it and these earrings of my daughters reminded me of that today. I took a picture of them because they reminded me of Savannah and they made me smile.

We love you, Savannah! And we know that heaven is a much brighter place with you in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment